Apprentice

My Computer does not pick up any scanning i'm trying to do with the CANON MX870

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jojymu
Contributor

What i found in Canon Mx870 Manual to fix this issue you have to:

• Check Cable Connections
  • Update Drivers and Included Software
  • If you're experiencing paper jams, multi-page feed errors or white streaks or splotches on scanned files, your scanner glass and rollers may need cleaning. Sticky substances like glue or correction fluid can build up on the rollers and glass and cause streaks. Carefully wipe both sides of the scanner glass and the rollers, applying only enough pressure to clean the area. If streaks continue to appear once cleaning is finished, you may have a scratch on the internal glass, an issue only a licensed and authorized technician can repair.
  • If your scanner is scanning documents incorrectly, there may be a discrepancy between the CaptureOnTouch scan job settings and the scanner driver settings. Registered job settings always take priority over scanner driver settings, which can result in scans that don't conform to your expectations. You'll have to edit the existing job settings in CaptureOnTouch or create a new scan job with the correct settings

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SamanthaW

Hi!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using and if you are connected via USB or WI-FI. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bitly.com/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks! 

window 8 and 10  and WI-FI.

jojymu
Contributor

What i found in Canon Mx870 Manual to fix this issue you have to:

• Check Cable Connections
  • Update Drivers and Included Software
  • If you're experiencing paper jams, multi-page feed errors or white streaks or splotches on scanned files, your scanner glass and rollers may need cleaning. Sticky substances like glue or correction fluid can build up on the rollers and glass and cause streaks. Carefully wipe both sides of the scanner glass and the rollers, applying only enough pressure to clean the area. If streaks continue to appear once cleaning is finished, you may have a scratch on the internal glass, an issue only a licensed and authorized technician can repair.
  • If your scanner is scanning documents incorrectly, there may be a discrepancy between the CaptureOnTouch scan job settings and the scanner driver settings. Registered job settings always take priority over scanner driver settings, which can result in scans that don't conform to your expectations. You'll have to edit the existing job settings in CaptureOnTouch or create a new scan job with the correct settings
Announcements