cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon MX532 double sided jam - every time

aascaha
Apprentice

No matter what it always jams when trying to do double sided. This is a new printed, it works just fine when printing one sided and when scaning or photo copiing. it for some reason always jams for double sided

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Check out this KB Article

Maybe the Transport Unit is not correctly aligned.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi aascaha,

I understand you have an MX532 and every time you perform two-sided printing the unit encounters a paper jam. To troubleshoot this issue I recommend performing several Roller Cleanings without paper and a roller cleaning with paper. The following steps will assist you:

1. Remove any paper currently loaded into the unit.
  2. Press the SETTINGS (Pliers/Screwdriver) button.
  3. Press the RIGHT arrow 3 times to MAINTENANCE, press OK.
  4. Press the RIGHT arrow 5 times to ROLLER CLEANING, press OK.
  5. The Roller Cleaning process will begin.
  6. This process takes approximately 1-2 minutes.
  7. Perform steps 4-6 two more times.

Now, the roller cleaning process has been completed without paper. Next, perform it one time with paper.

1. Please load approximately 3 sheets of A4 or Letter-sized Plain-Paper
  2. Press OK on the printer to start the Roller Cleaning process.
  3. This process should take no longer than the previous process.

After a successful Roller Cleaning process with paper, perform a test print of a two-sided document.

If the event persists, I would recommend troubleshooting with our support group to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

guyrob
Apprentice

I have a MF41bdw laser printer.  It started jamming every time I attempted double-sided printing, suspiciously after using extra thick paper.  I tried several times to fix the problem without success.  I finally decided to take a really close look and discovered a thick piece of paper (an entire sheet) was jammed in the "runner" (my word) immediately above the paper tray.  This "runner" is apparently only used when printing double-sided and, unfortunately, it does not have a jam sensor or detector to alert one to this problem.  After removing the sheet of paper (there is a release lever) I could once again print double-sided.  I hope this helps.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements