cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon MG5520 won't print text from internet, just graphics

ephennessey
Apprentice

Trying to print RX reimbursement form, from web, have tried firefox, IE and have saved as file.  Print preview shows all text, but when printed only the lines and print box prints out.  I have taken the file to another printer and it prints correctly.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer drivers, downloaded most recent from the web, system is running Windows 8.1. Please help,  I think it used to work

4 REPLIES 4

Ramona
Authority

Hi ephennessey,

You can print a nozzle check pattern from the printer to determine if all of the inkjet nozzles are dispensing the ink correctly.  If they are not, performing a series of cleanings and deep cleanings on the printer may resolve the issue.  To print the nozzle check pattern, please follow the steps located here.

If the nozzle check pattern did not print correctly (including the black grid at the top above the colors) as shown here, please perform at least one cleaning and two deep cleanings on the printer.  If you still experience difficulty with the text printing, please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

OK, i've done both of the cleanings at least three times and it still doesn't print black text.  I've replaced the smaller black ink tank and it still will not print.  I've even removed the label on the top of the tank to ensure that ink would flow.  Still not printing text.  It was working just fine two days ago and now it won't print text...

Hi lmb2014,

If you have performed both the print head cleanings and deep cleanings on the unit several times, as well as have replaced the non-printing black ink tank in the unit and are still unable to print the black text, the printer may require servicing.  We ask that you please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) for further assistance.  A Canon technical support representative will be happy to help.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

OK, this is the rediculous!  This printer is a little over one year old and it is broken already!  I don't think I will ever buy another Canon product.  That's two canon printers go bad right after the warrenty expires.  The previous printer had the notorius U150 code which result in a lawsuit that you LOST!  Now there is no code, but it won't print.  I will not recommend Canon products to anybody.

Announcements