Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons

Hello,

I've got an MG3022 and I'm on a Mac OS Catalina 10.15.3

The Printer prints great but I can't get the scanner to work. IJ scan utility just gives me a generec message about not being able to communicate with the printer even though I can print to it just fine. It's connected via USB however I've tried the network connection also and again I can print fine, just not scan.

Thanks for whatever assistance yall can provide. I've also updated the firmware on the scanner.

New Contributor

Re: cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons

I have the same problem however myprinter is a Canon TR8560.  I can print from my computer however I cannot scan.  The message is the same as previous person's post.  Can't communicate . etc etc. Looking forward to a resolution as I have a photo which needs to be scanned to place on a visa application and time is running out.

Respected Contributor

MG3022

I suggest you install the ICA driver and see if this resolves your scanning issue:

http://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAwNzY0NTA0&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

There is an updated IJ Scanning Utility as well, listed as an optional download:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mg...

If these applications exisited previously in an earlier version of MAC OS, then updating and / or removing and reinstalling with the correct drivers that are certified for Catalina OS is recommended.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 ~Many Lenses ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra ~Pixma Pro-100
Respected Contributor

TR8560

Different printer, different software, probably a different problem. 

We have no idea if you are running windows or MAC.  You should probably start your own thread as it deserves its own visibility and your environments only share a in common behavior on diffent hardware.

Software and Support for the TR8560 Series: (All OS)

https://www.canon.com.au/printers/pixma-home-office-tr8560/support?option=drivers 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 ~Many Lenses ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra ~Pixma Pro-100
Highlighted
New Contributor

yeah those 2 links worked.

Even though I went to the canon site earlier and installed the IJ scanner software to no avail. The ICA driver I think is what did it.

thanks again.

Respected Contributor

You're welcome.  Glad it helped.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA