cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannon pixma mx492

msb123456789
Apprentice

I have had this printer over a year but honestly it's the most confusing printer I've ever had and I have a lot of trouble figuring things out with it allllll the time. I have been trying to read the manual and go by videos but I can't figure this out now.

I got a new router recently and now it seems my printer isn't recognized. 

The manual was telling me to put in some kind of key, I can't even find where to do that. 

a video was telling me to go to a website to download the software I guess to get started but no matter how I put in cannon.com/ijsetup it takes me to a different page that has nothing to do with setting up (cannon.com). 

I don't know what to do, I need to scan stuff. Can someone please help me?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Maybe these will help:

Canon MX490/492 Product Support Page

List of "How To" videos - Install, and Use

The 492 can be a little challenging since it doesn't have a display. 

The links above will provide all of the software and steps to get your device reconnected to your network.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi msb123456789,

Please try using the manual connection method to connect your PIXMA MX492 to your wireless network.

Please view the article below for the steps to perform this:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART117459

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements