cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannon pixma mg6320

tampaterry
Apprentice

cannon pixma mg6320 suddenly won't print. Dialog box says printer is offline.....when it is not

6 REPLIES 6

zunichi
Contributor

I also have the same problem with Pixma MG6320. I can scan wirelessly but can't print.

I'm running Windows 8.1 on iMac boot camp and every time I restart my computer, it says my printer is offline. A workaround is to uninstall the printer and its drivers, then reinstall to get it to print wirelessly again. But the next time you restart, it says its offline again even if its obviously turned on.

My guess is the issue is with Windows 8/8.1. I have another pc with windows 7 and the printer is always indicated as online, never had any problems. I hope someone can help and give a better solution rather than keep reinstalling the drivers.

zunichi
Contributor

Found a solution.

Remove the printer from Devices and Printers, but don't uninstall the drivers. Then click add a printer and let windows get the drivers. After doing that, my computer stays connected to the printer even after restarting.

Never mind. I still have to reinstall the drivers at each computer restart.

Kelley348
Apprentice
Has anyone got a fix to this problem??? I am ready to throw my hands in the air with this printer.

Nope. All these time, I've just been reinstalling the printer every time I want to use it. Funny thing tho, all other computers in my house can print no problem. I'm thinking maybe it has something to do with me using a mac. I'm running Windows 8 on an iMac.

Announcements