cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broken Error code 1007

nickh
Apprentice
Ok,you guys need to fix this issue.
Suddenly we are not able to print the same way we have been from our iphones ios 8.1.1.

Suddenly the cannon mx922 decides we both need to fill "upper tray" and well,no,we do not want 4x6 or 5x7 print if a resume.

suddenly this printer refuses to print from our normal day to day routines.

what is wrong? it seems over the past year this is not fixed. My desktop works fine,ios fails. No upgrades on softwares have been performed, since this failed I decided to update this printer with the newest 3.0xxx whatever,no improvement.

please do not provide a stupid answer(check paper,check tray,image size,check ink,etc). Literally yesterday it worked,we woke up and it did not.

You have not answered this for anyone so far,tech service proved to not know their tech today.
so

What is the issue?

5 REPLIES 5

merrymary247
Rising Star
What app are you trying to print from? What is the file type?

Airprint, by default, will want to print photos/jpegs as a 4x6 on photo paper from the upper cassette. If you are printing a PDF or something from Safari it should print it on 8.5x11 from the lower cassette. If you are actually printing a jpeg, but want it to be on plain, letter size paper, you can download the Canon PRINT Inkjet/Selphy app for free from the app store, should give you more options than Airprint does.

nickh
Apprentice

4x6 i mentioned,no software was needed before but it still worked fine,literally overnight the same file simply will not print anymore.
I'll definatly look for the app,but it seems like a kill switch to me,this is why folks fear change,it messes things up and no word it coming or how to fix it even for the capable.

thanks for contributing,i found lots of questions and not even tech supplied the the answer[app info either].

You didn't mention what file type the resume is in or what app you're trying to print from, so I can't really offer any other insight.

Hubby has just purchased an i pad and we run mac
, cannot print photo from his i. pad as we get the 1007 code, we are trying to print a4 not 4x6. once sent by email and printed from main computer all was fine but thats a pain to do everytime

Bishlabadoo
Apprentice
I encountered this and had to change my file type from jpg to pdf just to get it to print from lower tray
I agree it’s a total pain
Announcements