cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blue lines mg8220

debslou2
Apprentice

I've started getting blue lines of varying sizes on photos off the internet. When I print from screen grag that was downloaded, or a hoto straight to preview, etc. the only pohoto that is clear is from photocopy. I've removed and replaced cyanne. I'v cleaned realigned. cartriges. What else?. I'm wasting a lot of ink on photos that look awful.

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Debslou2,

If you are getting blue lines in your prints, I would suggest by starting off by printing a nozzle check to see how the ink is getting to the paper. You can print and examine your nozzle check using the steps in the link provided HERE. If there are any lines in the bars for color, you can try cleaning the print head and deep cleaning using the steps provided HERE. After the cleaning is complete, you can print another nozzle check to see if the any of the bars are still missing or have lines in them.

Once the nozzle check prints our correctly, you can try printing your photos again to see how they look. If you still have lines in the prints, You can check you paper type setting to make sure that the paper type you are selecting on your computer matches the type of paper that you have loaded in the printer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements