cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bleeding ink

loryjane
Apprentice

Hi everyone,

I am having trouble with ink bleeding on my art prints.  It seems especially bad with blue ink.  I've attached a photo of the problem.  Can anyone help?

Laura

Printer:  PIXMA TS9100

Inks:  Star ink, Canon compatible inks

Paper:  Aurora White from Red River PaperIMG_3090.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi loryjane,

When not using Canon inks or Canon paper, we would be unable to guarantee the output from your PIXMA TS9120.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I understand.  But, any suggestions all the same?

Hi .. I might be able to lend a little advise as to what could be causing some of the bleed. I was in printing business quite a few years and have learned some do's and don't's ... First don't use recycled paper, don't use a rag paper. Do look for paper tha has what we called a hard finish, i.e., not a porous finish. Talk with a good knowledgeable office supply store. You will have to feel them out to see if they know anything about paper. Some Office Depot and Staples stores have qualified people .... others don't. Good look with solving your delima and hope I have given you at least a path to pursue other than just your printer.

GarryL

Announcements