cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amazing error between my Mac and MX920

cffhr99
Apprentice

My laptop is macbook pro with the system macOS Sierra 10.12.6.

Screen Shot 2017-08-13 at 22.49.44.png

Begining the summer, about July 2017, when I want to print a PDF by the application Preview from Airprint, the black ink does not work. If the document has multi-colored, only the black is missing. All the settings are defaults.

However, if I change the setting of media type from "Auto Select" to "Photo", the printer can print same PDF as normal.

Screen Shot 2017-08-13 at 22.55.05.png

I have no idea about the printer or my laptop. I try to reset all the settings of printer and the mac. Not work. 

And I also try to use a windows laptop to print several documents like PDF, word. Same situation, no black.

So can anybody help me  to fix it? Now, I cannot use my smartphone to print directly or other method to print by laptop.

Thank you very much

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I believe that printer has a separate black ink cartridge for text. Run a nozzle check and see what shows. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements