cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong language on Pixma MG7520

himalayanrider
Apprentice

For some reason unknown to me, when I fired up my Pixma MG7520 the other day, it came up with an error message of some kind, but I'm not sure what it says because it's in Japanese (or Chinese?). I see at the very top right it says '6800', which I assume is an error code.

I looked up what to do for Error Code 6800 and it says:

Turn off the machine, and unplug the power cord of the machine from the power supply.

Plug the machine back in and turn the machine back on.

If the problem is not resolved, contact the service center.

I did the above, but it didn't fix anything. Before I contact a service center, I wanted to see if anyone else has anything for me. 

Note that there are only two buttons that are lit up on the printer (and thus accessbile): the power button to the left of the LCD readout window, and a flashing red triangle on the right side. So, I am unable to change the language to English.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Ramona
Authority

Hi himalayanrider,

With the error the printer is experiencing, it will require servicing.  We ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative HERE to obtain your servicing options.  A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

Hi again himalayanrider,

If you click on the word "here" in my previous reply, it will take you to a page where you can send us an email for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Ramona
Authority

Hi himalayanrider,

With the error the printer is experiencing, it will require servicing.  We ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative HERE to obtain your servicing options.  A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Thank you for your help. When you say ' contact a Canon technical support representative here' do you mean on the website (if so, please tell me how), or something else?

Hi again himalayanrider,

If you click on the word "here" in my previous reply, it will take you to a page where you can send us an email for further assistance.

Thank you, Ramona!

By the way, in the way of feedback on your website, the word 'here' doesn't show up very well as a link. If I look VERY closely, I can see that it is a slightly different color (a tad lighter gray), but with links, I'm used to seeing it underlined, or a very different color (like bright blue)--it really needs to jump out at me. I know that's not as elegant looking, but a lot easier to see ;-). 

Thanks for the feedback, himalayanrider!  We'll take your suggestions in consideration, and in the meantime, we've changed Ramona's link to all caps to make it stand out a little more.

Have a great day!

Announcements