12-28-2019 06:52 PM
I have my PIXMA TR8520 printer set up wirelessly. However, when I try to print from my laptop (in a different room from the printer), the FAX screen keeps coming up. Can you tell me how to disable the FAX printing screen? The printer will only print when I go on my desktop, which is near the printer. Thank you!
12-29-2019 10:15 AM
What operating system is the laptop running?
Here's what I suspect. Your desktop is configured properly. The laptop is configured with the TR8520 FAX set as default.
Review the printers properties in:
(Windows) Control Panel > Device and Printers > Printer Properties
(MAC) System Preferences > Printers and Scanners
If you provide more information about your environment, it will be easier to try and help.
12-30-2019 03:56 PM
Please follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.
2. Run the Run window that appears, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.
3. Click on View devices and printers.
4. Right click the Canon TR8500 series Printer and left click on Remove device.
5. Repeat this until all Canon printers have been removed from this window.
6. Click on Control Panel in the upper left hand corner (or the Back button).
7. Click on Uninstall a Program.
8. Click on the Canon TR8500 series MP Driver and then click Uninstall at the top.
9. Follow the prompts to uninstall the driver.
10. Once complete, please close all windows.
11. Restart the computer once complete.
To reinstall your PIXMA TR8520, please follow these steps when the computer restarts:
1. Visit Canon's website at: http://usa.canon.com/support
2. Type PIXMA TR8520 in the enter a model name box and click GO.
3. Click the Drivers & Downloads button.
4. Click the Select button next to "TR8500 series MP Drivers Ver.1.02 (Windows)".
5. Click the Download button.
6. If a Save dialog box appears, click Save.
7. Once the download is complete, open your Downloads folder.
8. Double click "mpnp-win-tr8500-1_02-ea34_2.exe". Files will extract.
Follow the prompts and the installation will complete.
Once installed, please attempt to print.