cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Update installs older Canon MG4100 drivers in Windows 8/8.1

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I turn on the MG4120 printer and the printer is already setup for wireless and I have WSD enabled, Windows 8 or 8.1 automatically installs older Canon MG4100 drivers from Windows update.  The same thing happens if I connect the USB printer before installing the Canon software from the website and the same issue also happen in wireless mode.  The version that gets installed by Windows Update is the same version listed in the catalog at http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=mg4100.

Windows 8,Windows 8.1 Drivers,Windows Vista  Drivers (Printers)  8/16/2011  2.50.2.70

Windows 7  Drivers (Printers)  3/13/2012  18.0.2.31

Canon, can you please submit the newer printer driver to microsoft Windows Update?

1 REPLY 1

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi KeithWeisshar,

WSD drivers are supplied and supported by Microsoft.  The version numbers and dates are not comparable to the numbers and dates for our drivers.  While WSD will provide you with basic printing capability and some features, to get the most from your printer, I recommend using the drivers found on our website

If you have any other questions, please feel free to Contact Us!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements