Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Windows 7 driver installation MF4570

Help! My MF4570dw is listed as Windows 7 compatible, but I can't install the driver. Any suggestions?

Highlighted
Reputable Contributor

Re: Windows 7 driver installation MF4570

[ Edited ]

Hi belindathielen!

If you are experiencing errors with installing from the installation CD, I recommend downloading and installing the drivers from the Canon website.  Please follow the instructions below:

1.  Visit our web site at: http://www.usa.canon.com

2.  After clicking SUPPORT & DRIVERS in the top right corner, select your model in the following manner:

a.  From the first menu, select CONSUMER & HOME OFFICE.

b.  From the second menu, select PRINTERS & MULTIFUNCTIONS.

c.  From the third menu, select your series, IMAGECLASS SERIES.

d.  From the fourth menu, click DRIVERS & SOFTWARE under imageCLASS MF4570dw.

3.  Your operating system will be automatically detected.

4.  Click on 'DRIVERS', then click on [Windows 64bit] imageCLASS MF4570dw MF Drivers file.

5.  Click on I Agree, and then select the [Download] button.

6.  When the Save As box comes up, choose Desktop and click Save. 

7.  Click on 'SOFTWARE', then click on the [Windows 32bit & 64bit] Tool Box Ver.4.9.1 file.

8.  Click on I Agree, and then select the [Download] button.

9.  When the Save As box comes up, choose Desktop and click Save. 

10.  Once the download is complete, close all windows.

11.  Double click the [ToolBox_4911mf16_Win_EN.exe ] file on the Desktop.  Follow the prompts to install the MF Toolbox.

12.  Double click the [MF4570dw_MFDrivers_W64_us_EN_2.exe] files to decompress them.  A new folder will be created on the Desktop.  The new folder has the same name as the decompressed file.  Double-click the decompressed Setup.exe file to start installation.

13.  Once that window goes away, connect the USB cable from the MF4570dw to the computer.  Installation will complete.

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Should you need further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.