02-12-2017 06:36 PM
I am using a Pixma MX882. My computer is trying to update to the windows 10 version 1607 anniversary update but every time I do this I get a black screen with circling dots. The update won't complete and I need to shutdown and have the system restore to the previous version of windows 10. The error message tells me that it is an issue with canon mx882 series drivers and I need to remove in order to update. Anybody else having this issue and if so, are there any fixes? Thank you.
02-13-2017 01:30 PM
I have not heard of this happening before, but you can try uninstalling the driver before performing the update using these steps:
1. Turn your PIXMA MX882 off.
2. Right click the Windows Start button and left click on Control Panel.
3. Click on View devices and printers under the Hardware and Sound heading.
4. Right click the PIXMA MX882 and left click Remove device.
5. If a User Account Control message appears, type in the password, and then click Yes.
6. Click once on the Microsoft XPS Document Writer and then click Print server properties at the top, in the menu bar.
7. Click the Drivers tab.
8. Click Change Driver Settings.
9. If a User Account Control message appears, type in the password, and then click Yes.
10. Choose the Canon PIXMA MX882 and then click Remove... .
11. Choose Remove driver and driver package, and then click OK. Follow the on-screen instructions.
12. If there are any other PIXMA MX882s in the list, remove those as well.
Attempt to update once complete.
02-21-2017 10:40 AM
Sorry been out of the country so didnt have a chance to try. I did what you suggested this morning and the problem still persists. Very frustrating and Im now at the point that I am thinking of swapping the printer to another manufacturer.
02-22-2017 07:04 AM
Since you continue to experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative at one of the methods provided here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.