cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 and MX870

CaptainK1945
Contributor

MX 870 is not printing after upgrade to Windows 10. Uninstalled and reinstalled all the drivers and tried wired and wireless conections. Reviewed settings on printer. Canon Network Tool will see the printer on the network but canot connect with it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

After much troubleshooting and working with other network printers, the problem lay in Windows 10 changing my network settings. Once joined to the Home Group again and a firmware update on the wired router, all is well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

merrymary247
Rising Star
So you download the MP driver from the web and go to install it, does it detect the printer and complete successfully, or do you get an error during the installation?

Hi! Yes, the MP driver installs without error messages: 

===========================================
Setup Results

Model :
Canon MX870 series

Network Setup of the Printer :
Completed
Name :
Canon MX870 series Printer (Copy 1)
Port Name :
CNBJNP_001E8FEF7D9C

Network Setup of the Scanner :
Completed
Name :
Canon MX870 series(00.1E.8F.EF.7D.9C)

Network Setup of the Fax :
Completed
Name :
Canon MX870 series FAX (Copy 1)
Port Name :
CNBJNPFAX_001E8FEF7D9C

It wil not then print a test page, the status of the print job is blank after several minutes.

Are you running any anti-virus/security software?

Yes, AVG. I tried reinstalling wihtout AVG running, same results.

I now have three printer drivers installed and the WS will print, though printer not connected error appears and it takes much longer for the file to spool. Better than no printer at all.

8-11-2015 10-03-51 AM.jpg

After much troubleshooting and working with other network printers, the problem lay in Windows 10 changing my network settings. Once joined to the Home Group again and a firmware update on the wired router, all is well.

I couldn't connect to canon mx870 after buying a surface pro with windows 10.

After I change the usegroup to homegroup from workgroup, then it seems to work.

Announcements