cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Fax and Scan MX922

rvgammill
Contributor

I am trying to configure my wireless MX922 multifunction fax/scanner for Windows Fax and Scan.

I have and can use without any problems the Canon software. Who can even send and receive a fax in cell phone land? Well, primitive environments. I work all over.

Windows 10 installed Fax and Scan and it should function with my MX922. 

Scanner saw no scanners, WF&S error said to connect network cables to everybody. That's not happening.

In a Community posting about scanners for 7, 8, it pointed out and I have the WIA services and they are set to Auto. 

So to Fax.

Previous Community entry from 2016 were for Win 7/8. Although not useful specifically, I got this which dead ends differently:

Tools | Fax Acounts | Add | Choose a fax modem or server Connect to a fax modem (built-in) or server (//server name)

Looking in Devices, there are 4 devices for Canon; Printer, XPS Printer, Fax, Scanner then Fax Properties, I can find no network name or IP so the server is going nowhere and you can be sure there is no POTS modem card on this laptop for the modem connection.

All that stuff is on the MX922.. 

Maybe I am going about this all wrong. Maybe I have to connect the MX922 via USB printer cable instead of wifi then see if it sees it continues wirelessly, as in initial setting up of the printer? 

Maybe if the Windows Fax and Scan had Help pages or the Canon Online Manual covered this I wouldn't be looking...

Help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi rvgammill,

First, please press the HOOK button on your PIXMA MX922.  Do you hear a dial tone?  If so, then we know that the phone cord is connected correctly.

To send a fax from your computer, please open the document that you wish to fax and click on File and then Print.

In the Print window, please select the Canon MX920 series Fax and click Print.

The fax information page will appear.

For more information regarding this process, please use the following link:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/FAXDriver/W/1.0/EN/FDG/Top.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi rvgammill,

First, please press the HOOK button on your PIXMA MX922.  Do you hear a dial tone?  If so, then we know that the phone cord is connected correctly.

To send a fax from your computer, please open the document that you wish to fax and click on File and then Print.

In the Print window, please select the Canon MX920 series Fax and click Print.

The fax information page will appear.

For more information regarding this process, please use the following link:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/FAXDriver/W/1.0/EN/FDG/Top.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you. I can do that 100% of the time from CTRL+P, select Canon MX920 series Fax. Or scan from IJ Scan Utility. Both work wirelessly.

The linked instructions were for Win 7. 8 and 8.1 but no mention of Win 10. 

The Windows Fax and Scan features in Win 10 is a throwback to NT4 workstations. Since Win 10 is basically NT architecture, this is an antique feature that returns, perhaps. And NT4 used hardwired scanners and faxes or wired network servers for them. 

A new WFH position has me dealing with various technical capacities of field foremen for bi-drectional plans out and progress reports in. Faxes may be a part. I may get them to get me a POTS line for the MX922, since I have not had a landline at home for fifteen years..,

Announcements