cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't my brand new Canon MG 3522 turn on?

ckaiserr182
Apprentice

I recently bought a Canon MG 3522 for school in order to print out projects, papers, and such (Texas A&M in case anyone is curious). Anyways, I downloaded the included CD onto my laptop, and followed the prompted and written instructions to set up the printer. It was on and working, I did the whole test sheet shindig. Then I go to use it today and it's off, just plain off. Still plugged in and everything. I pressed the power button yet nothing happened. I pressed aand held the power button yet nothing happened. I tried printing something and even that didn't wake it up. What [...] is wrong with it?

5 REPLIES 5

rockchalkbob
Apprentice

Exact same issue this morning.  printer is about 1 month old

ckaiserr182
Apprentice

bump

Ramona
Authority

Hi ckaiserr182 and rockchalkbob,

Please follow these steps to try and get the printer to power back on:

1. Unplug the printer power cord from the printer.

2. Wait for 2 minutes or longer.

3. Reinsert the power cord into the Printer.

4. Press the ON button located on the front panel.

If the printer still does not power on, it will require servicing.  If the printer does power back on, a firmware update may be needed to prevent the issue from occuring in the future.  Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options if the printer will not power on, or to obtain information regarding updating the firmware.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

FYI...UNPLUGGING EVERYTHING AND HITTING THE POWER BUTTON 5 TIMES, PLUS WAITING TEN MINUTES WORKED!!!

This worked form the very first ie itried it.

Thanks!!

Announcements