cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't my MP530 print in black? Nozzle check prints perfect for all colors including black!

tinker
Apprentice

The printer suddenly stopped printing in black and I can't figure out why. All the inks are almost full, fresh, and the Nozzel Check prints out a beautiful set of colors including the black - but when trying to print a document of any kind (no black shows up). I have to select all the text, change it to dark blue or something similar and then i can get the text to show, but that is not practical for most uses. Any insight would be appreciated!

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi tinker,

It is possible that the black that is appearing on the nozzle check pattern is being made by a comination of the color ink tanks in the unit, and not the larger black ink tank that is used for document printing.  Below is a picture a correctly printed nozzle check pattern:

If the nozzle check pattern that was printed does not look like the image above (including the black grid at the top -- this is what is used for document printing), we recommend perfoming at least one cleaning and two deep cleanings on the printer to try and get the ink to print correctly. To perform the cleanings, please follow the steps located here.

If the black ink still does not print after performing the cleanings, the printer will require servicing.  Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements