cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why isn't my Pixma MG 5520 Printing Color?

abittinger25
Apprentice

Hello Everyone, I bought the Pixma MG 5520 about 2 or 3 months ago, and I have never needed to print anything in color until now.  I realized that the printer was not printing any color at all.  If the document would have color and black, it would only print the black, and if only color, it would be blank.  I have tried the cleaning function several times, and have reistalled all of the cartriges, but with no luck.  I have tried resetting it through the menu option, and also resetting the printer head alignment.  Nothing is working, and I really need to print in color.  If someone could help, or even tell me how to factory reset it, it would be great.  Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

Tiffany

Hi Abittinger25!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks and have a great day!

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate, and the only other details I can think of is that its not just the computer, If I print or copy directly from the printer, it still will not produce color.  If I try to print the alignment paper, or the nozzle test paper, none of the colors show up at all.

Ramona
Authority

Hi abittinger25,

Please remove all of the ink tanks and print head from the printer and ensure that any tape that may be on the bottom of the ink tanks has been removed, then reseat the inks and print head back in the printer.  If the color ink still does not print, the printer will likely require servicing.  Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements