cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my 2520 pulling paper then stops but is acting like it is still printing?

BrandeeDH
Apprentice

My Canon Pixma printer-copy-scan will not print. it is pulling the paper like it is going to begin but then stop right after the paper loads. The part instide still spins and ink still moves side to side as if it were printing but nothing is happening. then the paper jam message comes up, does anyone know why or how I can fix this problem please..

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi BrandeeDH,

To ensure that there are no obstructions in the printer that may be causing the issue, please follow the steps located here. Once this has been done, please turn off the printer, unplug the power cord and leave it out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in and turn it back on to try and reset the printer. Once the printer comes back on, we recommend performing at least three roller cleanings on the printer by following the steps located here to ensure that the paper path is clear and that the paper can feed smoothly.

If you still experience difficulty after following the above recommendations, or are unable to perform the recommendations due to the paper not feeding, the printer will require servicing.  We ask that you please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) to obtain your servicing options.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements