cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't MX320 Solution Menu have scan option

magician35
Apprentice

When I originally installed my MX320 in Windows Home Premium, I installed the Solution Menu and successfully used it to scan documenets and save to files on my computer for several years. After my mother board self-destructed, I assembled a new computer with a completely virgin hard drive (no residual programs). I re-installed the mx320 using the original disk and now the Soution menu has no scan options to select from. I've tried downloading the software and drivers with absolutely no success. Is it possible that the installation of the "real" Solution Menu is restricted to the original installation?

I also have no success scanning to the PC using the control panel on the printer. It goes into a lengthly "please wait a moment" and eventually displays "PC scan standby" forever.

I know these problems have been discussed at length with no solutions forthcoming. My solution is to to replace the printer but for sure not with a Canon.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I contacted Canon Support and got an answer in less than a day. The problem is that you have to download MP Navigator for your system in addition to the Solution Menu. I did that and a Scan biutton showed up in the Soluion Menu. The scan function worked as it used to.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hi magician35,

The Solution Menu is not limited to just one installation; it can be installed (along with the other drivers and software) on any additional computer that you need it to be installed on in addition to the original installation.  So we can better assist you, please let us know what version of Windows you have on your computer.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I contacted Canon Support and got an answer in less than a day. The problem is that you have to download MP Navigator for your system in addition to the Solution Menu. I did that and a Scan biutton showed up in the Soluion Menu. The scan function worked as it used to.

Announcements