cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does the My Image Garden sometimes save in PDF?

LindaFields
Apprentice

Why does the my image garden sometimes save in PDF form?  I don't want PDF for scanned photos since I can't edit them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi LindaFields,

Please try using the IJ Scan Utility to scan your photos:

1.  Place your item face down on the scan glass.

2.  Click on the Windows Start button, click on Canon Utilities, IJ Scan Utility and then click on IJ Scan Utility to start the IJ Scan Utility.

3.  Click the Settings... button in the lower right hand corner.

4.  Click Photo Scan on the left hand side of the Settings window.

5.  Set the paper size, resolution, etc as desired.

6.  Note the selection in the Save In box.  This is where your file will be saved.  You may change this to a folder of your choice.

7.  Once set, click OK at the bottom.

8.  Click the Photo button.

Scanning will start and will be saved in the location previously specified.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

SamanthaW

Hi!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using, your printer model, and if you are connected via USB or WI-FI. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://Canon.us/ContactCF or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks! 

I'm connected thru Wifi, it is a canon MG3600 and I have windows 7

Hi LindaFields,

Using the IJ Scan Utility amy be a better option for you.

To use this program, please follow the steps in the On Line Manual:

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ScanUtility/W/MG3600%20series/1.1/EN/SU/su-003.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi LindaFields,

Please try using the IJ Scan Utility to scan your photos:

1.  Place your item face down on the scan glass.

2.  Click on the Windows Start button, click on Canon Utilities, IJ Scan Utility and then click on IJ Scan Utility to start the IJ Scan Utility.

3.  Click the Settings... button in the lower right hand corner.

4.  Click Photo Scan on the left hand side of the Settings window.

5.  Set the paper size, resolution, etc as desired.

6.  Note the selection in the Save In box.  This is where your file will be saved.  You may change this to a folder of your choice.

7.  Once set, click OK at the bottom.

8.  Click the Photo button.

Scanning will start and will be saved in the location previously specified.

Announcements