cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why cant I print a photo larger than a 4x6?

marbear1993
Apprentice

I am using the Canon Pixma MG2520. I am trying to print photos on 8.5x11' photo paper. My computer keeps saying that the paper size is incorrect and that I need to change the paper size to 4x6 and when I do my photos are coming out 4x6 size. I do not want my photos that small but thats all its allowing me to print. How do I fix this?

6 REPLIES 6

Danny

Hi, marbear1993!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer and which applications you're trying to print from. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is ready to help by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

I too am having the same problem stated below. I have Windows 7 64bit.

Thank you!

I am using the Canon Pixma MG2520. I am trying to print photos on 8.5x11' photo paper. My computer keeps saying that the paper size is incorrect and that I need to change the paper size to 4x6 and when I do my photos are coming out 4x6 size. I do not want my photos that small but thats all its allowing me to print. How do I fix this?

Sorry I forgot to mention I was trying to print from Paint and Microsoft Picture Manager.

Hi Raevynn,

When printing on photo paper, the only supported print sizes when printing from the PIXMA MG2520 are 4" x 6" and 5" x 7".

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

LOL Accept as the solution? OMG I can't stop laughing.You've just bloody re-iterated the question/problem, not given any kind of solution!!

I too would like to know why I can not select photo paper in other sizes than 4x6. I have at least 3 other sizes to choose from in photo papers. Pixma TS3120.

If I can't print anything but novelty sized photos I'm returning it to the store...

Hi JoeCool6969! 

Thanks for joining and posting in the Canon Forums! 

The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback.

If you are in the United States and this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team. 

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

We hope this helps! 

Announcements