cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I getting a "RX FAX INFO MISMATCH" when trying to fax something????

Joyce49
Apprentice

5 REPLIES 5

Shanna
Enthusiast

Hello Joyce49!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what unit you have (e.g., L190, imageCLASS D530, etc.). That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

Joyce49
Apprentice

Terribly sorry, I forgot to give the info on my printer.  I have the Pixma MX 340.  It isn't new, and I fax from it quite frequently.  It is running on WiFi, which has never been a problem before, and shouldn't be with the fax line.  I am just lost on this one.  Haven't figured it out yet.

Hi Joyce49,

The error is most likely being received because the fax machine is checking to ensure that the number that you are faxing to matches the number of the recipient's fax machine.  If the recipient has a number of fax machines that can receive faxes with different numbers assigned to them, your fax will return the error if the two numbers do not match.  

Disabling the Check RX Fax Info setting on the printer should prevent the error from appearing.  To do this, please follow the steps located here.  Should you continue to receive the error, please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you so much!!  I will try that!!    I ended up taking what I need to fax to work.  It went fine from there.  

I wanted to thank the person who recommended turning off the CK FAX Info - that worked!!!!

Announcements