cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White cast/glow around dark areas of print

Heli2
Apprentice

I'm using a Canon Pixma MG5220 printer and MacBook Pro. I'm having issues with a white fringe / glow around some of the dark areas of my print. I printed this image and scanned it... the scan looks like garbage, too. Not even close to the colour of the original OR printed image. But you can see the white around the trees and the bullrushes, which is the main issue I'm having. You can also see some horizontal lines in the sky.

I've done a cleaning, deep cleaning, manually cleaned the transparent strip inside the printer, roller cleanings, and have tried printing from different programs, changed the paper profile (I'm using Canon Photo Paper Pro Luster - LU-101), tried edited and unedited versions of the image and all come out the same - with the white around the trees and bullrushes. What am I doing wrong? How can I fix this?

I also tried printing a different image - a dark subject on a light background and there was a light purple cast above the subject.

Scan.jpeg

2 REPLIES 2

James_C

Hi Heli2        

Based on what you described and have already done, it is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Heli2
Apprentice

For inquiring minds interested in knowing... contacted Canon tech support and they said it could be one of two things:

1. The software I'm using

2. My print head

They asked me to download My Image Garden (which takes up an unreasonable amount of space on my computer) and try again. Same results. I am out of warranty, so they said I'd have to buy a new printer. The printer is probably around 5 years told, but rarely used. So. Not. Cool....

Announcements