cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find a list of "recommended discs" for mx922?I usually use Verbatim.

jailbee
Apprentice

Where can I find a list of "recommended discs" for printing or do I need to see a list?

I usually use Verbatim.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jailbee,

If you would like to print on discs with your PIXMA MX922, please only use printable discs.

A "printable disc" differs from regular disc (BD/DVD/CD, etc.) in that its label surface has been specially processed to be printed on by an inkjet printer.

Do not print on printable discs that are not compatible with inkjet printing. The ink will not dry and may cause problems with the disc itself or devices which the disc is loaded onto.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jailbee,

If you would like to print on discs with your PIXMA MX922, please only use printable discs.

A "printable disc" differs from regular disc (BD/DVD/CD, etc.) in that its label surface has been specially processed to be printed on by an inkjet printer.

Do not print on printable discs that are not compatible with inkjet printing. The ink will not dry and may cause problems with the disc itself or devices which the disc is loaded onto.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello,

I'm also looking for a list of "recommended discs" for the MX922 inkjet all-in-one printer.  

When I set the "Media Type" in the  "Printing Preferences" user interface, the choices for "Other Papers" are:

(1) High Resolution Paper,

(2) Printable disc (recommended),

(3) Printable disc (others),

(4) T-Shirt Transfers,

(5) Other Photo Paper

I think the original question was directed at items (2) and (3) in the above list.  In other words, is there a list of "recommended" printable disc brands?   For example, is there a Canon-branded printable disc that is "recommended"?  Or, for example, is the Verbatim-branded printable disc "recommended"?  Typically, the choice of "media type" will affect how the printer controls the amount of ink that is applied to the media and the manner in which it is applied to the media.

I've attached a print-screen image of the "Printing Preferences" user interface for your reference.  

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Peter

printable disc user interface.jpg

Hi Peter_MX922,

Canon does not have a set list of recommend printable disc brands. The"other" looks to be a generic option. I would recommend selecting the recommend option when printing on a printable disc.

Thank you.
Announcements