cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the scanner mode (color, black and white) saved on a windows 7 machine?

mswalter2012
Apprentice

We have 30+ Canon 2580c scanners and the users are constantly changing to color scanning and forgetting to change it back to black and white.

I'm trying to figure out where these settings are saved.  I have compared full registry dumps before and after changing the mode but do not see any differences that look scanner related.  There is a file setscan.ini the appdata/roaming/isis drivers folder that gets the date modified updated each time but nothing is changed in the file.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

Hi mswalter2012.

I will be glad to assist you.  When using the CapturePerfect program, I recommend using the [Scan Job] setting.  There are two jobs already registered in the program.. You can select [Color Document], which is 24-bit color as Simplex 300 dpi, or [Binary Document], which is black and white as Simplex 200 dpi.  To create a new job, please follow the instructions below:

1.  Select [Create/Delete Job] in the scan menu.

2.  Select a number to register a job, and then click [Create/Edit].

3.  Enter a title for the job.

4.  Click the drop-down for [Function] and select where you want the scan to be sent.

5.  Click [Detail Settings].

6.  Click the [OK] or [Save] button to close the settings.

7.  Click [OK] to close the [Create/Edit] window.

To scan using the saved scanned job, select [Scan Job] from the CapturePerfect file menu.

I hope this information is helpful.  Should you need further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements