cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I print pictures from my MG 6220 they have faint bars across then that are about 1/4 inch wide.

scotthursh
Apprentice

At first I thought th looked good, then I noticed that the print had these faint bar across them.  Any ideas what is causing this?

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi scotthursh,

First, please make sure that the ink tanks are installed in the printer correctly and are in the correct order.  The order from left to right is as follows:

CLI-226M
CLI-226BK
CLI-226GY
PGI-225PGBK
CLI-226C
CLI-226Y

Next, a test of the printer should be performed.  This will tell us if the printer is working correctly.  To do this, please load letter-sized paper in the PIXMA MG6220 and follow these steps:

1.  Press <HOME>.

2.  Select Maintenance and press <OK>.

3.  Press <OK> on Print nozzle check pattern.

4.  Press <OK> on Yes.

The Nozzle Check will print.  Please compare your printout to the example at the bottom of this post.  If they differ, please perform a few printhead cleanings.

To perform cleanings, please follow these steps:

1.  Press <HOME>.

2.  Select Maintenance and press <OK>.

3.  Press <OK> on Cleaning.

4.  Press <OK> on Yes.

5.  Press <OK> on Yes.

After a few cleanings, please print another Nozzle Check.

Does the Nozzle Check print correctly?

If it does, please try printing one of your images with Canon Easy-PhotoPrint EX.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Click on Start go to All Programs (or on Mac, open the Applications folder).

2.  Click on Canon Utilities and point to Easy-PhotoPrint EX.

3.  Click on Easy-PhotoPrint EX to open that program.

4.  In the main menu, click on Photo Print.

5.  Next to #1, Select Images, choose the folder that your images are located in.

6.  On the right side, click on a photo to print.  A number 1 should appear below the image.

7.  Click on the #2 button, Select Paper, on the left hand side.  Choose your paper size and type.

8.  Click on the #3 button, Layout/Print, on the left hand side.  Choose your desired layout.

9.  Click the green Print button.

How does your image print?

MG6220 Nozzle Test.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This is what mine is doing.  Printing text is fine. Ive performed roller cleaning, nozzle cleaning, print20201215_162804.jpgLines head alignment

Announcements