cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the right way to change to static IP for printer

ilbarbaro
Apprentice

Apart from an MP Navigator issue highlighted in separate post, I seem to have our MX860 set up correctly via wireless.  I can check ink levels and everything.  At one point, I tried to give it a static IP address that was available on my network, but the IJ Network tool would no longer see it and I couldn't get it set up, even though I could ping it successfully.

Now that I have it working with DHCP, what is the right way to change it to a static IP and still have everything work?

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ilbarbaro,

To set your PIXMA MX860 to use a static IP, please follow these steps:

1.  Start the Canon IJ Network Tool.

2.  Select the PIXMA MX860 in Printers.

3.  Select Configuration from the Settings menu.

4.  Click the Wireless LAN tab.

5.  Next to TCP/IP Setup, select  "Use next IP address" and enter in the IP address, subnet mask and default gateway addresses.

While you can use a static IP address with a device on a DHCP network, please make sure that the IP address that you use is outside of the range of IP addresses that your router uses for DHCP.  Please view your router's documentation or help file to determine what the DHCP range of your router is.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements