cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference between the Pixma mx922 and the Pixma mx922 ws?

BearsPaw
Apprentice

5 REPLIES 5

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi BearsPaw,

The 'Canon MX922 Series Printer' icon is actually the icon that would be installed with our own drivers whether the printer is being used wirelessly or via USB.  We actually recommend that the standard version (your current default) is the one that is used.

A 'WS' version of a printer is one that would sometimes be added by Windows through any automatic updates.  This is part of the 'Web Services' platform that is used by newer versions of Windows, and in some cases may cause communication issues since this is not our own driver but rather one that is provided by Microsoft.

You can delete the XPS and WS versions if you wished to avoid confusion.  If you do not plan on sending faxes from your computer at any point, you can also delete the Fax icon as well.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yes, thank you for your answer.  I searched all over the web, and looked through the manual but was still unable to find an answer to my question.  This may be something that you wish to address in the future.  I own two printers for my personal use, a Canon ImageClass mf4350 connected with ethernet and a Canon Pixma mx922.  The Pixma mx922 is used via WiFi. I thought that the WS might have something to do with that. I cannot find the 'Accept as solution' button or I would click that. Thank you again.

I too was unable to find "accept as solution" button so I just gave a "kudos". The answers/comments on this topic have been very helpful. Thanks

Answer says we can delete the "WS versions" and also the FAX "icon."

Does that mean only the WS icon, or the whole program?

It does not appear in the Windows Control Panel installed list.

Hi mikebove,

You can remove it from the Devices and Printers window in Control Panel.

Please note, when Windows performs another update, the WS icon may reappear.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements