cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is "Printer WS" for my Canon MX710 series printer?

HarleyDog
Apprentice

In addition to "Canon MX710 series Printer," there is a "Canon MX710 series Printer WS" listed.  I never print to the WS one, and would like to remove it from my printer list to reduce the icon options.  What is it and why would I want to print to it?  Couldn't find a clear answer to this on the net or in this forum.  Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

tycroes
Apprentice

Web Services, and it makes a difference when you try to connect wirelessly to your pc if you have printer WS selected or not.

Yes, but what is the "difference", and why is this difference so important that it warrants a confusingly duplicate printer entry?

thetempguy
Apprentice

CANON... please answer this question!!!   Why are there two printers, one ending with "WS".   Do i need both?  Which should be default?   When/why would i need or use each?  (mine is a pixma MG 7520 and often just prints blank pages)

I ran into this problem when I updated my wireless router firmware and had to reconnect the printer on the network.  I have the MP560, and it's setup to print over my wifi network and allows me to print from laptops etc.  But when I tried to print a document from an ethernet-wired desktop, I could not because it was now trying to print to the 'Canon MP 560 WS' printer.  To fix this, I just went to 'devices and printers' and chose the 'non-WS' printer and made it the default printer.  However, on my laptop the only available printer that shows up is the 'WS printer', and is what I use to print wirelessly.  I don't see a problem in deleting the 'WS printer' unless you're using the PC as a proxy where other PC's need to connect  in order to print.

neuendorff
Apprentice

Announcements