cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is an average on how many full color pages I can print with 540 cartridges?

Andy21
Apprentice

Ok so I pretty much barely know anything about owning a printer. The one I'm planning on buying (Canon PIXMA MG3650S Wireless Inkjet Printer) will be my first I've myself personally owned, and I'm really getting it more so I can print and scan stuff at home to make aspects of my Uni course workload more manageable.

However, despite that being my priority, part of me also wanna occasionally use it for a small hobby of printing myself some basic physical copies of certain webcomics, since I prefer reading on paper compared to on a screen, and think they'd be fun to have. Just some small ones on regular A4 paper in booklets that I can easily staple together.

But at the same time, I don't wanna find myself suddenly going through ink quickly. I chose this printer because it was in my price range, and I'd rather not be replacing the ink cartridges too often. So to decide if I should even do my webcomic printing, I wanna be able to get an average on how many full colour pages I'd be able to print before running out, since at least as far as I've been made aware, the page numbers on the cartridges are for stuff like documents, instead of full colour pages.

The cartridges I see available to me (at least going from the Purchased With section on the page of the Printer) list the Black Cartridge as 540 pages and Colour as 541. Is there an average estimate on how many full colour pages that would be?

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Hello.

The PG you see is not pages, its the prefix to the cartridge number.

I suspect that the use you describe would be similar to color photo printing.

Screenshot 2021-10-12 091255.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements