Did you mean: 

What is Error code B200

Wingood
Apprentice

What is Error Code B200?

10 REPLIES 10

Jessica
Enthusiast

Hi Wingood! So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what printer model you have, as well as the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x). Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue! Thanks and have a great day!

I have a MP560 Canon printer.  I use a PC with Windows Vista.  Tonight the printer stopped working suddenly and is showing B200 in the window and it says printer error has occurred.  Unplug the power cord and contact the service center.  What does it mean and how can I resolve this on my own??  I have turned everything off and unplugged everything and turned it all back on.  Nothing is helping.  I am on pacific time and the service center is currently closed.  I NEED this resolved ASAP to finish homework.  Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Hi Danad!

Welcome to the Canon Forums! The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is of an urgent nature, please feel free to CONTACT US either by phone during business hours or email 24 hours a day! 

I have the exact problem with my printer.  Cannon tech support told me that it is a hardware problem.  I opened the printer top and pushed out the printer head stuck on right side and the head moved.  The error was gone.  Tried to perform maintenance and the head stuck in right and the error B200 returned.  Pushed the head out and removed the ink cartridges.  apparantly the head is sticking.  How do I clean the area so that it will not get stuck?  Don't have error shown now.  Any one knows what shall I use to remove the sticking in this area?

Hi dhilan123,

We do not have a recommended method for preventing the print head from sticking; with the B200 error that the printer is experiencing, it will need to be serviced to resolve the issue.  Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

My printer model is MX850 and I am using XP. When I first reported this problem, I turned everything off anf 12 hours later, it worked. It has worked ok unttil now and I'm back to B200 again. Maybe it is time for a new printer although I have been very happy with this one.

Hi Wingood,

The B200 error is related to a malfunctioning or damaged printhead.  If a printhead is failing, it may work for a set period of time after the unit is first powered on and only throw the error when the printhead heats up after printing several documents.  While cooling the printhead will sometimes "resolve" the error temporarily, it almost always returns.

The printer will need to be serviced to correct this error.  Please feel free to Contact Us so we can explain your service or repair options. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Canon Representative,

I own a Pixma MG5300 with B200 error.

I have printed a total of 40 sheets since purchase about a year ago.  Currently have the B200 error.  Canon should have a fix for this.  Not for the device, but for the loyal Canon consumers who are angered by this madness.  A gift card to replace, or sending out replacement print heads,...something!!!

Question is, why am ~I~ providing you with these solutions?  

Please contact me via email (which you garnered via my registration) to resolve this.  Without any contact/service, I will no longer support the Canon brand.  

I really hope to hear from you as I have supported Canon for decades.

Currently own: 2 Canon Cameras and 2 Canon Printers

On a side note, that "text verification" system really is unpleasant to use.  

Thank you.

Hello Jestiron,

Please Click HERE to reach our technical support department for further assistance, they would be more than happy to assist you with your issue.  Thanks!

Announcements