cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to Pixma MP530 OS X 10.9 Maverick compatibility? USB does not recognize it anymore

technicallyrite
Apprentice

I see there's no driver for 10.9, can we get some help with this? Gutenprint doesn't seem to fix it, but it seems like the issue is related to the fact that USBprober utility tells me this repeatedly, with or without a hub. I tried two different cables too, but they are both pretty old cables. Does Mavericks require usb2 devices only?

1.219 [1] The IOUSBFamily was not able to enumerate a device.
2.061 [1] The IOUSBFamily is having trouble enumerating a USB device that has been plugged in. It will keep trying.

7.116 [1] The IOUSBFamily gave up enumerating a USB device after 10 retries.
7.116 [1] The IOUSBFamily was not able to enumerate a device.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sydney
Apprentice

According to the Canon site, the mp530 is not supported in 10.9

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/mac-osx

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

I can print on Mavericks using the earlier driver (as others have mentioned).  However, the earlier MP Nav for scanning still did not work.  Since I already have VMWare Fusion running on my iMac, I downloaded the latest MP Nav for Windows, pass thru the Printer, and voila!  Scanning works fine.  I know it's not "mac-pure" but it was the only choice I had.  So, if you have Fusion (or another windows emulator) you may have similar success on scanning.

JoyAnna
Apprentice

I just managed to get my Canon MP530 to scan with OS X10.9: Downloaded a driver from:

I had tried many of the other suggestions here and was getting really frustrated, so thought I should pass this on. Hope it works for you.

Thank you for the update.  The missing application that it downloads is "lipo" (an XCode related app).

I did run into one problem on my iMac related to starting the "MP Navigator".  It seems that it would start fine if launced from the Applications directory.  However, adding it to the dock and attempting to launch from there always results in an "exit code 1".  I was able to workaround that problem by creating a simple Applescript that launched the unix app (for MP Navigator within Contents), adding that Applescript to my dock, and all is fine again.  Oddly enough, this did not happen on my MBP (i.e. no applescript required).  Very odd.

Announcements