cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does the error 6940 mean on a canon mg5650 printer?

mack57uk
Apprentice

The error  meessage 6940 keeps appearing on my canon mg5350 printer.

What do the error mean and how can it be fixed?

Many thanks

Ken

5 REPLIES 5

Tiffany

Welcome to The Canon Forums!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.  The Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Try this:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART143552

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Having followed the instructions given several times, the error keeps being display.

Please let me know was parts may be needed to fix this continuing problem as I may be able to get them for another damaged printer.

Many thanks

Ken

Hello.

I can't help with that. I just did a quick Google to see if could find something that might help you.

You would need to contact the Canon support group in your country.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for your help.  Canon Support told me that this printer and its parts are not longer available.

So with nothing to lose I removed the print head, turned the printer off and unplug it.   Placed the printer head in hot water for an hour.  Washed the print head water until all the ink was removed.  Let the printer head dry and replaced in the printer.  No more error messages, 150 pages printer so far!!!

Announcements