cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does MX,MG and MB stand for on printer models.

van243
Apprentice

What does MX, MG and MB stand for on printer models? Also my MX 860 just stopped working . what is my next ptinter to buy using windows 7 ?

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hi van43,

Our PIXMA MX and MG line of All-in-One inkjet printers are designed with the home user in mind; both models offer print, scan, and copy functionality; the MX models also provide faxing functionality.  For our current offerings of MX and MG model printers, please click here.

Our MAXIFY MB line of printers are designed with the Small Office/Home Office user in mind, and offer high-speed, cost-effective printing solutions.  All MB models offer print, scan and copy functionality; some models also offer fax.  More information on our MAXIFY line of printers can be found here.

If you are looking to replace your PIXMA MX860, the latest comparable, Windows 7 compatible model we recommend is the PIXMA MX922.  

We can also assist you with troubleshooting the issue you are experiencing with your PIXMA MX860; please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Why not MF for 'fax' instead of MX, the logical choice? And MH for 'home'? I assume the 'B' is business, or was that just a coincidence?
Announcements