cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do I do with the CD/DVD Tray

Bikeme1
Apprentice

I realize this seems like a trivial question, but I'm just trying to keep things organized  and not break this new printer.  I just printed some CD/DVDs following the manual and printer screen  instructions.  That worked fine.  But at the end of the process, the printer ejects the CD/DVD tray that was originally in its slot when I received the printer.  I assumed that I should  simply slide it back in the slot  now that I'm done.  However, the printer doesn't seem to want to accept it and  I don't want  to break  anything by jamming it back in.  I've tried it with the power both on and off with no success.  I've checked  the user maniual and done web searches for guidance - also, no success.

Any ideas?   Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, Bikeme1!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Bikeme1
Apprentice
DOH! My bad. It's a Pixma TS8120. The CD/DVD tray is located just above the printed output tray, which is above the blank paper tray. I've tried re-inserting the empty CD/DVD tray with the output tray extended and pushed back in and with the blank paper tray in place and removed. It simply seems that, once is the CD/DVD tray is pulled out of the slot in which it was shipped, it is not to be inserted again unless you're in the process of printing a disc and are instructed to partially insert in the slot (the printer then pulls it in the rest of the way). Not the end of the world, but now have to find a place to store it.

I think storage tray is at bottom of printer. 

A3764B8C-E05B-4C55-94A4-99BFC5C58F43.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Bikeme1
Apprentice
Right you are! Found it. You are the man. Thank you jrhoffman75!!
Announcements