cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WONT SCAN!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!! Canon MX410

happy_ali209
Apprentice

Hello,

my poor printer is having a brain fart. It will not scan, MP Navigator 4.1 keeps popping up saying

Cannot start the MP Navigator EX. Check the following points.

1. The supported model of this software is as follows. Check your product model is listed.

Canon MP493 series
Canon MX360 series
Canon MX410 series
Canon MX420 series
Canon MX880 series

When your product model is not listed, install correspondent MP Navigator or MP Navigator EX.

2. MP driver/scanner driver which supports your product model is installed.

3. Your product model is connected to PC properly and the power is ON, if there is a power supply.

4. Reconnect the USB cable when connected with USB.

Everything is fine and plugged in what am I doing wrong? When i go into settings on my mac and go into printer/scanner it say's that the Canon MX410 series is busy... 😞 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I fixed the problem myself no help to Canon that I spent on the phone just uninstalling and reinstalling the apps. 

Mac System Preferences > Sharing > Printer Settings (make sure the printer is checked)

Done

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Jenine
Rising Star

Hi Happy_ali209!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

Yes, it is a NEW MAC OS 10.X ...

also it prints fine but doesn't scan : (

I fixed the problem myself no help to Canon that I spent on the phone just uninstalling and reinstalling the apps. 

Mac System Preferences > Sharing > Printer Settings (make sure the printer is checked)

Done

Announcements