cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very badly out of alignment

meadowcat
Apprentice

I have a Pixma MX452 that is very badly aligned. Automatic alignment does not correct it. Manual alignment gives me the black column F with all rectangles showing every other line a quarter inch left or right of the following line.

It looks like:    XXXXXXX

XXXXXXX

XXXXXXX

XXXXXXX

XXXXXXX

The printed numbers are overwritten by parts of the rectangles.

Column K is similar but with the lines oriented a bit differently. The other columns have more or less rectangular boxes, some a little off, but not perfect, . Entering the numbers requested for malual alignment does not seem to help, but I am just guessing at which rectangle looks the least bad since all are so far off.  What should I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

At first, the encoder film appeared to be clean, I was expecting dark ink smudges. However, on closer examination in bright light, I did see light smears. I cleaned the film as instructed, very carefully to a perfectly clear film, re-aligned the heads manually, and now printing looks perfect. Thank you!!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi meadowcat,

Please try cleaning the encoder inside of your PIXMA MX452:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART142915

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

At first, the encoder film appeared to be clean, I was expecting dark ink smudges. However, on closer examination in bright light, I did see light smears. I cleaned the film as instructed, very carefully to a perfectly clear film, re-aligned the heads manually, and now printing looks perfect. Thank you!!

Announcements