cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated for Catalina and now not printing

MarySanAntonio5
Contributor

I updated my Canon Pixma MG6320 in anticipation of ios Catalina and now I get this error message every time I try to print:

Stopped -  'filter' failed.

I've tried turningk my printer off, then back on and nothing changes.

Any thoughts?

21 REPLIES 21

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@MarySanAntonio5 wrote:

I updated my Canon Pixma MG6320 in anticipation of ios Catalina and now I get this error message every time I try to print:

I've tried turningk my printer off, then back on and nothing changes.

Any thoughts?

Has something changed since your last post?

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Printer-Multifunction-Support/Drivers-etc/m-p/283605

Catalina Drivers for the MG6320 have not been released.   Not clear about what you "updated in anticipation of Catalina"?

If your issue is related to drivers, they are not available or are not needed according to the canon website for your printer model.  ( I said this before) maybe you missed that? 

If the problem is related to your installation, resetting your printing system in System Preferences > Printers and Scanners, restarting and then re-adding the MG6320 might help.

You asking the same question over and over in different threads isn't going to change the fact that no drivers for Catalina exist as of today (10/13) for this device running under Mac OS 10.15.x

At this point, I suggest you contact Canon and ask them if updated drivers for your printer will be released.  No one but them can answer that.

As I said.  6 yr old printer, drivers may not happen.  Or, drivers may not be needed (what the support site states)

Filter errors when printing are always related to drivers.  Incorrect, corrupt, etc.  Your options are limited. 

-Find out if new drivers are coming or are needed for Catalina?

-Try reinstalling the printer using my recommendation above.

Then you can decide your next move.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Someone else said that the Canon drivers for Catalina were available so I updated to the latest ones on the Canon website.  Now my printer doesn't work at all and I can't go back to the older drivers..

One can no longer talk to anyone at Canon unless they have a recently registered product and the magic ten digit key that allows you to get through.  I tried multiple phone calls selecting different options and always would up at that roadblock.  Canon  even deleted my original registration.

Below is the support site for your printer.  A driver for Catalina is not available.  So whatever you think you upgraded to was not for your MG6320 or Catalina.

cat.png

Older Drivers?  Yes, they are available as well.  Select Mojave or earlier OS from the drop down menu.

catalina.png

Someone else said?  who?  Because you can see clearly no drivers for Catalinga exist.  Why is this so difficult?

I'll try one more time.

Reset your printing system, reinstall the printer

Or

Consider rolling back to Mojave which supports your printer.  If you aren't making regular Time Machine back ups of your MAC, consider it. 

Or

Wait and see if drivers are needed or become avaialble. 

I wish you luck in your endeavor. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Be nice!

@Stephen wrote:

Be nice!

Stephen,

I'm trying.  Over and over.

Maybe you could assist and let her know if she's going to get drivers for her printer, or if they will be needed for !0.15?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

I get it, and we really appreciate you! Smiley Happy

PS - If/when drivers are available, they'll be posted on the support site, exactly where you posted the screenshot. 

Right now, our dev team is working on the drivers, and they're posting them as they become available. 

> Be nice!

Maybe actually HELP us de-bug our problems instead of writing 2 word replies scolding us like children? I bought the Canon Pixma MG 2500 just this year, so it's not "old" to me, and I expect it to be supported. If you no longer support a printer or plan to discontinue it, then you need to stop selling that printer. Full stop.

In the meantime, if you're indeed updating drivers, give us a timeline. I've followed the advice here and several other threads I've googled and nothing's working. We have fresh ink in our printer too and used it as recently as last month to print some important documents. It's a hassle to keep asking my husband to print things for me instead of just...using the machine I bought myself less than a year ago to print my own **bleep** documents.

Hi, Zelaphas!  You'll find drivers for the PIXMA MG2520-series printers right HERE, including drivers for macOS v10.15 Catalina.

Hope this helps!

What I was actually writing about is the printer error message I keep getting after updating the drivers to what I thought I read were the Catalina drivers.

I am trying to resolve this problem:

That is what I get every time I try to print.

BTW, I haven't updated to Catalina.  I never update right away because there are always initial issues--and I knew anything I had, software or hardware, that wasn't 64-bit would not work with Catalina.  Epson was responsible enough to have the 64 bit drivers ready to roll, unlike Canon.

Announcements