cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown Printer Error

zachary90
Apprentice

My printer was working great till yesterday. I have a Canon MG3620. There are no warning lights flashing on it. It is fully stocked with both color and black ink. There are no paper jams. Whenever we try to print, we get an error message that says, "Error Setting Up Printer". It doesn't go into anymore detail as to what this "error" is. It is connected to our router which is working fine and which we connected it to just fine over a month ago. I'm at a loss of what to do. Any suggestions what I can do? 

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Start by uninstalling, restarting a reinstalling the printer. 

MG3620  < Drivers

This should tell you if the problem is with the device or your installation.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi zachary90,

Did removing the printer and then reinstall the drivers resolve your issue?

We look forward to hearing from you.

I was able to uninstall the wireless printer but installing it is a whole another issue. The WiFi light is on so it is connected to the internet. I tried using the Canon Print App to set it up to my computer on my phone like I did last time but now it won't work. I tried setting it up manually on Google Chrome desktop but it asked for an IP address. I tried putting in three different addresses that my Canon Printer MG3620 gave me without any luck. I'm really frustrated and am not sure what to do. What am I doing wrong? Appreciate your help. 

Hi zachary90,

I recommend giving support a call at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays) or you can chat with someone by clicking HERE and in the chat box as to speak with an agent.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Announcements