cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use my MX432 scanner with Mac Mojave Operating System

ddl8
Apprentice

Hi - I recently upgraded my Mac to the Mojave OS and since then I've not been able to open the scanning function on my PIXMA MX432. In the past, I'd click on "MP Navigator EX 5.1" in my Canon Applications folder and a menu would pop up. Now, no menu comes up and the only way I can scan is if I go into System Preferences, choose Printers/Scanners and select Scan - but it does a terrible job scanning plus I can't scan multiple pages into one PDF doc like I used to be able to do. I've checked the Canon website to update any drivers, but the message I get from the Canon site says, "There is no driver for the OS Version you selected. The driver may be included in your OS or you may not need a driver." I need to be able to scan for my business and expenses. Any ideas how to get my scanner working again? Thanks so much!  🙂 

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Choosing to upgrade to a unsupported OS can lead to these types of issues.  Your options are limited.  Downgrading to a supported OS - High Sierra.

You may also be able to find a 3rd party scanning utility that supports Mojave.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements