cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up new MG3620

dsaslow
Apprentice

When I press the wifi button the power light stays on... it does not start to flash. (PS my work IT guy spent 2 hours trying to set up this printer for me and was unable to)

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Hello, dsaslow!

Welcome to the Canon Community Forums!

Be sure you've followed the Wireless Setup instructions on our page HERE

Bear in mind the Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is of an urgent nature,click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find your support options. 

dsaslow
Apprentice

After reading similar posts dating back 10 years, I found a tech support number at Target where they actually answer with a live person and he was able to fix the problem. For new printers, first make sure that every single orange plastic packing piece and orange tape are removed, and then remove the ink cartridge and put them back in. This allowed me to do the test page and as soon as I pressed the wifi button the power light did indeed flash. I highly recommend going through tech support at the store rather than Canon--Canon tech support is basically non existent. So disappointing. If Target hadn't helped I would have returned the printer and never purchases Canon again.

Canon includes a quick start guide with the device that tells you to do just that....   Remove all the orange tape and install the ink cartridges...     

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDMwMDAxOTMzNDAz&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

Untitled.png 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

steephu
Apprentice

One important step Canon left out of the quick set up instructions - you have to install the two ink tanks before beginning the setup, otherwise it will not allow the wifi setup to work. 

Announcements