cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up Canon PIXMA MG5720

annahosk
Apprentice

I have had a PIXMA MG5720 for about 4 years and it was originally set up on a different computer. I bought a Macbook Pro about 3 years ago and installed the printer wirelessly and could print but never scan because it always defaulted to my old windows computer. 

I, in hindsight, unwisely uninstalled this printer from the macbook pro and reset the printer to factory settings. Now I cannot get the printer to connect to the WiFi. I was able to install the mac driver for the printer on my computer from Canon's website but the setup does not pop up and I cannot find it. I have downloaded the instruction manual and tried everything I can think of and now asking the great internet what my next troubleshooting steps should be. I should also mention I do not have a cable that is compatible for connecting my computer to the printer but am looking into finding it. 

I appreciate any and all assistance.

Anna

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi annahosk,

If you have not tried the standard wireless setup that allows you to manually select your network and enter your wireless password, I would recommend giving that a try. Please click HERE for the steps.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements