cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to print borderless images on 4x6 photo paper on my Canon Pixma MG2922

jakelau23
Apprentice

I have a Canon Pixma MG2922 and I am unable to print borderless images on 4x6 photo paper. The pictures print as shown in the attached image with a border and extra white space at the bottom. I have tried using Microsoft Office Picture Manager, Windows 10 Photos app, and several other image programs and nothing is working. Help!

printer-error.jpg

1 REPLY 1

HalLeonard
Contributor

Potentially bad news here Jake. Not all Canon printers support borderless printing. The printer will be listed as supporting borderless and have a special borderless icon in the Products area of the Canon website if it can do it. Two reviewers of this printer on amazon.com complain that it does not make borderless prints.

Here's another way to tell. Go to make a print from Windows 10 as you've been trying, only this time, click the Print Properties or Printing Preferences button. This should open a window that, when you click the Page Setup tab, opens a menu like you see here:

http://www.redrivercatalog.com/infocenter/tips/inkjet-borderless-size-printing.html  (the first image there, for Canon, only of course, it will be labeled for your Canon printer model and not the one there.) That's where you set Borderless printing, in a Canon menu. If that Borderless option doesn't appear or is grayed out in your Page Setup tab, your printer can't make a borderless print, as far as I know. If that's the case, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements