Canon Community Canon Community

Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

Unable to override Message "black Ink is running low"

I'm getting the message  "black Ink is running low". Is there a way to override the message until the cartridges that I have on order arrive? The printing immediatly prior to getting that message are fine. Not light, totally readable to the naked eye. I don't suppose there's a configuration option to enable override or even just not show the messsage at all?

TIA. prichcreek

Re: Unable to override Message "black Ink is running low"

Welcome to the Canon forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what model Canon 
equipment you are using. Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.  If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE

Thank you!

Frequent Contributor

DuhMan LOL
PIXMA TR4520 

Thanks.

Frequent Contributor

Today I noticed that there is a document in the print queue, which I am unable to delete. It's actually not ruting anyting, since the printer won't print anything. Perhaps when a solution is found for the black ink issue, I'll be able to delete the document.

Frequent Contributor

The solution is to purchase new cartridges. As soon as I installed them the black ink message disappeared. A rather uneithical solutionby Canon: forcing the user to purchase new cartridges before she/he actually needs them. Oh well, I suppose they need the $.