cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to override Message "black Ink is running low"

pwrichcreek
Enthusiast

I'm getting the message  "black Ink is running low". Is there a way to override the message until the cartridges that I have on order arrive? The printing immediatly prior to getting that message are fine. Not light, totally readable to the naked eye. I don't suppose there's a configuration option to enable override or even just not show the messsage at all?

TIA. prichcreek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The solution is to purchase new cartridges. As soon as I installed them the black ink message disappeared. A rather uneithical solutionby Canon: forcing the user to purchase new cartridges before she/he actually needs them. Oh well, I suppose they need the $.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Tiffany

Welcome to the Canon forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what model Canon 
equipment you are using. Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.  If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE

Thank you!

DuhMan LOL
PIXMA TR4520 

Thanks.

Today I noticed that there is a document in the print queue, which I am unable to delete. It's actually not ruting anyting, since the printer won't print anything. Perhaps when a solution is found for the black ink issue, I'll be able to delete the document.

The solution is to purchase new cartridges. As soon as I installed them the black ink message disappeared. A rather uneithical solutionby Canon: forcing the user to purchase new cartridges before she/he actually needs them. Oh well, I suppose they need the $.

Zander650
Apprentice

I am reading online that it should be possible to overide the message? Is this true?

The button on the far right of the touch screen with a red arrow pointing down in a circle does not register me holding it down for 10-12 seconds and I am hearing that this would be the way to reset the printer. 

Is there any way to print one more document before my ink arrives?

Announcements