cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS5100 Unable to delete document from print queue

pippaj
Apprentice

My printer [Canon PIXMATS1500 series] has been working beautifully until I tried to delete a document from the print queue.  The screen says "deleting" but has said that for days now, and nothing happens.  I was able to cancel all the other documents, but can't get rid of this one, and can't print until it's gone.  HELP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi pippaj.

If a job gets stuck on your computer, there a a couple of steps you can follow to manually remove it. You can remove the job by following the steps below.

1. You can press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in services.msc and click OK.
  2. In the list of services that appears, you can scroll through and double click on the print spooler service.
  3. At the bottom of the spooler you can click on the stop button.
  4. Once the spooler has been stopped, you can press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in spool and click OK.
  5. In the window that comes up, you can right click and delete the printers folder.
  6. You can go back to the print spooler window and then you can click start at the bottom of the window.

Once the spooler service has been started again, you can close the windows and try printing something.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

amazingly helpful and detailed for us non dos users! thanks soo much

MG6320 with a Dell desktop.  

I have done the recommended  process 4 times and my queue is definitely empty.  But when I go to  "Print Spooler" again and hit "Start", it shows it trying to turn on, but goes back to the choices which hav e changed  to "Stop the  service" and" Restart the service".    I then hit the "Restart" and it shows it trying to turn on also, but it does not  start again and reshows those same  two buttons.  

When I try to print, it still shows the Code 6000 on my printer.

Any advice?  Thank you.

I have done the manual process. Microsoft is showing I have the latest update??

Meant to say Windows 10 is updated.

Gosh, you're amazing - thank you so much!

But why does this happen so often?   Why do I to constantly register paper when it doesn't change?   When it come time to replace my printer, I'm going back to HP.  That's the solution.

Announcements