cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UO52 Error Message

CanonProblems
Apprentice

Hello,

I'm getting the UO52 error message.  It says "The type of print head is incorrect.  Install the correct print head."  

My print head is the original print head that came with the printer and as always worked fine previously.

What is the solution to this error?

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Just guessing here since you haven't told us the model of your Canon product.  

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART138026

I suggest you start with the Canon knowledgebase which may help you identify the issue.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

The U052 means the printer is having a problem reading the print head. If this is the print head that you have been using all along, it will mean the print head needs to be reseated or the print head needs to be replaced. There is also a small chance that the carriage that the print head sits in is damaged and the printer needs service.

You can use the link HERE and you can search the knowledge base for your model printer and the words "reseating print head" to find steps to reseat the print head.

If reseating the print head does not work, it would mean the print head needs to e replaced or the printer needs service.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements